The CIA World Factbook 2023-2024 (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
The ultimate, comprehensive guide to official country data and statistics, from the world’s most sophisticated intelligence-gathering organization.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, The CIA World Factbook 2023-2024 offers complete and up-to-date information on the world's nations. This comprehensive guide is packed with data on countries' politics, populations, economics, and environment for 2023 and looks ahead to 2024.
The CIA World Factbook 2023-2024 includes the following for each country:
- Brand new geopolitical maps
- Population statistics, with details on languages, religions, literacy rates, age structure, HIV prevalence, and much more
- Up-to-date data on military expenditures and capabilities
- Geography information, including climate and natural hazards
- Details on prominent political figures and parties
- Contact information for diplomatic missions
- Facts on transportation, trade, and communication infrastructure
Also included are appendices with useful abbreviations, international environmental agreements, international organizations and groups, terror organizations, and more. Originally intended for use by government officials and policymakers as well as the broader intelligence community, this is a must-have resource for students, travelers, journalists, and anyone with a desire to know more about their world.
About the Author
The Central Intelligence Agency is an independent agency responsible for providing objective intelligence and analysis to senior US policymakers, including the president and the National Security Council. The CIA is divided into five basic components: the Directorate of Analysis, the Directorate of Operations (formerly the National Clandestine Service), the Directorate of Digital Innovation, the Directorate of Science & Technology, and the Directorate of Support. The CIA's headquarters are located in Langley, Virginia.