Rick Steves Best of Italy (Paperback)
Hit Italy's can't-miss art, sights, and bites in two weeks or less with Rick Steves Best of Italy!
- Expert advice from Rick Steves on what's worth your time and money
- Two-day itineraries covering Venice, the Cinque Terre, Florence, the Hill Towns of Central Italy, Rome, Naples, Sorrento, and the Amalfi Coast
- Over 80 full-color maps and vibrant photos
- Rick's tips for beating the crowds, skipping lines, and avoiding tourist traps
- The best of local culture, flavors, and haunts, including walks through the most interesting neighborhoods and museums
- Trip planning strategies like how to link destinations and design your itinerary, what to pack, where to stay, and how to get around
- Suggestions for day trips to Milan, Lake Como, Pisa, Verona, and Padua
- Coverage of Venice, Milan, Varenna, Lake Como, Verona, Padua, Riomaggiore, Manarola, Corniglia, Vernazza, Monterosso al Mare, Florence, Pisa, Siena, Montepulciano, Montalcino, Assisi, Orvieto, Civita di Bagnoregio, Rome, Naples, Sorrento, Pompeii, Capri, and the Amalfi Coast
- Updated to reflect changes that occurred during the Covid-19 pandemic up to the date of publication
About the Author
Since 1973, Rick Steves has spent about four months a year exploring Europe. His mission: to empower Americans to have European trips that are fun, affordable, and culturally broadening. Rick produces a best-selling guidebook series, a public television series, and a public radio show, and organizes small-group tours that take over 30,000 travelers to Europe annually. He does all of this with the help of more than 100 well-traveled staff members at Rick Steves' Europe in Edmonds, WA (near Seattle). When not on the road, Rick is active in his church and with advocacy groups focused on economic and social justice, drug policy reform, and ending hunger. To recharge, Rick plays piano, relaxes at his family cabin in the Cascade Mountains, and spends time with his son Andy and daughter Jackie. Find out more about Rick at www.ricksteves.com and on Facebook.
Connect with Rick: