A Visual Dictionary of Decorative and Domestic Arts (Kobo eBook)
A Visual Dictionary of Decorative and Domestic Arts provides a common and unambiguous vocabulary for the parts of handcrafted decorative, domestic, and artistic items. Terminology for a broad array of object types is presented alongside original 3D illustrations that facilitate objective referencing. The reference enhances learning, labeling, and discussing various craft items in great physical detail.
Sixty-four 3D graphic illustrations provide an effective visual format for identifying the vocabulary/location of the parts on individual objects.
The dictionary is divided into five major sections:
- Decorative Objects such as a basket, jar/jug, flatware
- Domestic Furnishings such as a bed with bedding, upholstered chairs, tables
- Artistic Works and Tools such as books, prints, paintings, photographs, and sculpture
- Jewelry Adornment Items such as earrings, necklaces, pins, and watches
- Accessory Articles such as a hat, pipe, comb, and fan
The thoroughness of the annotations makes this volume an essential tool for museum curators and conservators, librarians, connoisseurs, buyers and dealers; artists and crafts persons, collectors, designers, registrars and anyone with an interest in visual history.